Fine Quality Wine & Beverage Coolers for Sale Online
Shop our range of wine & beverage coolers for sale at MHC World. Buy online and receive free delivery over R3500 & within a 30km radius from our store.
Apart from our wine & beverage coolers for sale, we also offer bar fridges, chest freezers and upright fridges.
What Is A Wine and Beverage Cooler?
A wine and beverage cooler is an appliance that is used to store wine and other beverages at a cool temperature. They are typically freestanding appliances that can be placed in a kitchen, dining room, or bar.
How Does A Wine and Beverage Cooler Work?
A wine and beverage cooler works by using a compressor to circulate cool air inside the unit. The temperature of the air is controlled by a thermostat. Wine and beverage coolers typically have a temperature range of 7.2°C to 18.3°C, which is ideal for storing wine and beer.
The first wine and beverage coolers were large and expensive, and they were only used by businesses. Since the 1950s, smaller and more affordable coolers have become available to consumers and are now quite popular.
Benefits of Wine and Beverage Coolers
Wine and beverage coolers are an essential part of life for many people. They allow us to store wine and other beverages safely and conveniently, which is important for maintaining a healthy diet. Wine and beverage coolers also make it easy to find the wine and beverages we need, which can save us time and effort.
- Wine and beverage coolers are the best way to store wine and other beverages. They keep the wine fresh and prevent it from spoiling.
- Wine and beverage coolers are convenient to use. They are easy to open and close, and they make it easy to find the wine and beverages you need.
- Wine and beverage coolers are relatively affordable. They are a good option for people who are looking for a way to store wine and beverages without spending a lot of money.
- Wine and beverage coolers can be used to store a variety of wines and beverages, including red wine, white wine, beer, and soft drinks.
- Wine and beverage coolers are durable appliances. They can last for many years with proper care.
Disadvantages of Wine and Beverage Coolers
- Wine and beverage coolers can take up a lot of space in your home. This is especially true if you have a small home.
- Wine and beverage coolers can consume a lot of energy. This is especially true if you do not use them often.
- Wine and beverage coolers can be noisy, especially when they are running.
- Wine and beverage coolers require regular maintenance, such as defrosting and cleaning.
Different Types/Styles of Wine and Beverage Coolers
There are many different types and styles of wine and beverage coolers available. Some of the most common types are:
- Freestanding: Freestanding wine and beverage coolers can be placed anywhere in your home. They are the most common type of wine and beverage cooler.
- Built-in: Built-in wine and beverage coolers are installed in a cabinet or wall. They are a good option if you want to save space.
- Countertop: Countertop wine and beverage coolers are small and portable. They are a good option if you have limited space.
- Mini: Mini wine and beverage coolers are small and affordable. They are a good option if you only need to store a small amount of wine.
What Is the Lifespan of a Wine and Beverage Cooler and How Can You Extend It?
The lifespan of a wine and beverage cooler depends on several factors, including the quality of the appliance, how well it is maintained, and how often it is used. However, most wine and beverage coolers can last for 10-15 years with proper care.
Here are some tips for extending the lifespan of your wine and beverage cooler:
- Defrost your cooler regularly. This will help to prevent the build-up of frost and ice, which can damage the cooler.
- Clean your cooler regularly. This will help to prevent the build-up of bacteria and mould.
- Avoid overloading your cooler. This can put stress on the compressor and shorten the lifespan of the cooler.
- Keep your cooler in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent the compressor from working too hard and shorten the lifespan of the cooler.
- Have your cooler serviced regularly by a qualified technician. This will help to detect and repair any problems early on before they can cause major damage.
How to Clean and Care for Your Wine and Beverage Cooler
Bacteria and mould can grow in your wine and beverage cooler if you do not clean it often enough. At least once a month, you should clean your cooler. If you use it a lot, you may need to clean it more often.
You can use a mix of mild soap and water to clean your wine and beverage cooler. After you clean the cooler, be sure to dry it well.
You should also regularly chill your wine and drink cooler. This will help keep frost and ice from building up, which can hurt the cooler and make it work less well.
If your wine and beverage cooler automatically defrosts, you do not need to do it yourself. But if your cooler does not have a way to chill itself automatically, you will have to do it yourself every few months.
To defrost your wine and beverage cooler manually, you can follow these steps:
- Unplug the cooler and remove all of the wine and beverages.
- Leave the door open and allow the frost to melt.
- Once the frost has melted, wipe down the shelves, drawers, and walls with a mild soap and water solution.
- Dry the cooler thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Plug the cooler back in and replace the wine and beverages.
How to Choose A Wine and Beverage Cooler
When choosing a wine and beverage cooler, there are a few factors you need to consider:
• The size of your wine collection: The cooler should be able to hold the amount of wine you need.
• The range of temperatures you need: Different wines need different ranges of temperatures. Make sure to choose a cooler that can keep your drinks at the right temperature.
• The features you want: Think about the features that are important to you, like a built-in temperature control or a humidity control.
• Your budget: Wine and beverage coolers can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars.
Best Brands of Wine and Beverage coolers available on MHC
At MHC you will find all reputable brands of wine and beverage coolers for sale, including Fridge Star and Snomaster.