Quality Free-Standing Stoves for Sale Online
Shop our range of free-standing stoves for sale at MHC World. Buy online and receive free delivery over R3500 & within a 30km radius from our store.
Apart from our free standing stoves for sale, we also offer gas stoves, extractors and ovens.
What Is Meant by a Free-Standing Stove?
A free-standing stove is a stove that is not built into the countertop or cabinets. It is a self-contained unit that can be placed anywhere in the kitchen. Free-standing stoves come in a variety of styles, including gas, electric, and induction.
How Does a Modern Stove Work?
The modern cooker gets its heat from a metal element, which can be heated by either gas or electricity. After that, the heat from the element is transferred to the cooking surface, which ultimately results in the food being cooked. Timers, automated shut-off, and convection cooking are just a few of the additional features that can be found in contemporary ranges.
The Evolution of Household Stoves Through the Ages
The first stoves were invented in the 1700s. These early stoves were made of wood and were very inefficient. In the 1800s, coal-fired stoves became popular. Coal-fired stoves were more efficient than wood-fired stoves, but they were also more polluting.
In the 1900s, gas stoves became popular. Gas stoves are more efficient than coal-fired stoves and they produce less pollution. In recent years, electric stoves and induction stoves have become popular.
Electric stoves are easy to use, and they are relatively inexpensive.
Induction stoves are the most efficient type of stove, but they are also the most expensive.
Benefits of a Free-Standing Stove
There are many benefits to owning a free-standing stove. Some of the most prominent ones are as follows:
• Versatility: Because free-standing stoves may be set up in any location inside the kitchen, you have greater freedom when it comes to arranging the layout of your cooking space.
• A more reasonable price: free-standing stoves are often more reasonably priced than built-in stoves.
• Maintenance: Keeping a free-standing cooker in good condition requires only minimal effort.
• Personalisation: You will have the ability to select the design and components of your free-standing range so that it perfectly complements the design of your kitchen.
Disadvantages of a Free-Standing Stove
There are a few potential disadvantages to installing a free-standing stove in your kitchen, of which the following are the most notable:
- Space: Free-standing stoves can take up more space than built-in stoves.
- Free-standing stoves can be more ‘in the way’ than built-in stoves.
- Visual impact: Free-standing stoves can be more visually obtrusive than built-in stoves.
Different Types/Styles of Free-Standing Stoves
There are many different types and styles of free-standing stoves available. Some of the most common types include:
- Gas stoves: Gas stoves are the most popular type of free-standing stove. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to use.
- Electric stoves: Electric stoves are less common than gas stoves, but they are still a popular option. They are easy to clean, and they are relatively safe.
- Induction stoves: Induction stoves are the most efficient type of free-standing stove. They heat up quickly and they are very safe.
- Dual fuel stoves: Dual fuel stoves have both gas and electric burners. This gives you the flexibility to choose the best cooking method for each dish.
How to Clean and Care for Your Stove to Prolong Its Life
It is essential to clean your stove consistently to avoid grease and food particles from accumulating on its surface. It is recommended that you clean the oven regularly in addition to cleaning the hob after each usage.
You can get the cooktop clean by using a solution of dishwashing liquid and water. You might also use a cleaner designed specifically for use on commercial stovetops. After you have finished cleaning the hob, you need to make sure that it is completely dried.
You have the option of using the oven's self-cleaning cycle or cleaning it by hand when you want to clean it. If you decide to manually clean the oven, the best cleaning solution to use is a gentle dish soap mixed with water. When cleaning the oven, always be sure to safeguard your hands and eyes with protective gear.
Safety Measures to Follow When Cooking on a Freestanding Stove
- Never leave cooking unattended: This is especially important when cooking with oil or grease, as these substances can easily catch fire. If you must leave the kitchen, turn off the burners and put a lid on the pot or pan.
- Keep children and pets away from the stove: Children and pets can easily be burned by hot surfaces or flames. Make sure they are kept a safe distance away from the stove at all times.
- Use potholders or oven mitts to handle hot pots and pans: Never touch hot surfaces with your bare hands. Potholders and oven mitts will protect your hands from burns.
- Be careful when pouring hot liquids: Liquids can easily spill and cause burns. Be careful when pouring hot liquids, and make sure to do so away from your body.
- Clean up spills immediately: Spills can create a fire hazard. Clean up spills immediately with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Turn off the burners when you are finished cooking: This will help to prevent accidental fires.
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand: In case of a fire, a fire extinguisher can help to put it out.
- Use a stove guard to prevent children from reaching the burners.
- Keep the stove area clean and free of clutter.
- Have the stove inspected and cleaned by a qualified technician regularly.
How to Choose the Best Free-Standing Stove for Your Needs
When choosing a free-standing stove, there are a few factors you need to consider:
- The size of your kitchen: The stove should be the right size for your kitchen.
- The type of cooking you do: If you do a lot of cooking, you will need a stove with more burners.
- The features you want: Consider the features that are important to you, such as convection cooking or self-cleaning.
- Your budget: Free-standing stoves can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right free-standing stove for your needs.
Best Brands of Free-Standing Stoves available on MHC
At MHC you will find all reputable brands of free-standing stoves for sale , including Totai, Defy, Univa, Bosch, Smeg, Elba, and more.